Awesome Job: Senior Data Engineer
Great Location: Los Angeles OR Arizona OR Virginia
Employment Type: Full Time; Salary
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a ‘Fan First’ mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the ‘Fan’ you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Ticketmaster is looking for a talented, highly motivated, creative and passionate Senior Data Engineer that will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing data centric applications. These can range from inbound and outbound ETL, both batch and streaming as well as tools/application to drive data analytics. As a member of the Global Business Systems team, you will play a critical role in developing and maintaining financial and reporting platforms that power our internal teams. Financial and performance data are key to Ticketmaster’s success and as a part of the GBS team you will be on the cutting edge of delivering that data to our stakeholders.
Above all else, candidates must have the proven ability to be problem-solvers. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design, Develop, Test, Implement and Support of GBS applications using traditional tools such as Oracle Data Integrator, or next generation tools such as Data Bricks.
- Prepare high level design document, data flow diagrams, detail design document, system requirement document, technical specifications, table level specs and test plan documents.
- Analyze requirements to ensure completeness and accuracy of data products.
- Research, analyze and prepare logical and physical data models for new applications and optimize the data structures to enhance data load times and end-user data access response times.
- Responsible for creating processes to ensure the data quality of the information collected.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify the best data solution and ensure the solution conforms to best practices.
- Work with outside teams to gather information about source and target data needs.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers, establish best practices for the team and perform code reviews.
- Keep up with latest trends and learn and apply new technologies when required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- 5+ years professional hands-on data engineering experience.
- Expertise using traditional ETL tools such as ODI, BODS, or Informatica with ability to quickly learn new tools.
- At least one year experience using Data Bricks.
- Experience leveraging big data technologies such as, Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic stack.
- Experience in processing data available in Message Queues (Kafka, Kinesis, ActiveMQ).
- Experience with public cloud environments.
- Experience with Java or Python to program, manipulate and analyze data.
- Experience with JSON, Avro, Parquet, ORC file formats.
- Experience in data warehousing techniques for Dimensional data modeling, Data Profiling, Change Data Capture, Data Cleansing, Slowly Changing Dimension, surrogate key assignment a plus.
- Understanding of relational database concepts, SQL and procedural SQL (in Teradata a plus).
- SQL programming skills, including the ability to write complex subqueries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strategic thinker and visionary, self-motivated.
- Good time management and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities – Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral), with experience producing technical and design documentation of complex processes.
- Strong software development process background, preferably using Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.